Manfriend and I were going to go for a long bike ride this afternoon before my yoga class and my work shift, but then I got the chills. And then they wouldn’t go away. So now its 25 degrees in my apartment and I’m sitting here in a long sleeve shirt, jeans, and three blankets. Yup. I think I may have the flu.
So I decided to sit down and work on my bucket list! You know, that magical page that has been empty for months. It’s starting to get filled, bit by bit. I’m determined to make it more about life experiences and moments than things because I’m all about living in the moment and trying to live a more minimalist lifestyle. I don’t want my bucket list to be all about stuff.
Speaking of stuff, I’m trying to clean out my apartment and all the stuff I’ve accumulated since I’ve moved to BC… which for only one year, is quite a lot. I am going to go through my wardrobe and all my belongings here and see what I can get rid of… because then I can refresh it! I also need to work on our apartments decor. It’s white, and boring, and there are no focal points… it just kind of looks like someone moved in and threw furniture down.
What are your plans for the rest of your summer?
It’s halfway through August… have you done what you wanted to do this summer? This was my list from earlier this summer.
1. Hit up the farmers markets
2. Go to Granville Island 3. Go to the cottage (with one of my favourite people Sydney) 4. Celebrate my friend’s marriage
5. Run a half marathon
6. Spend time outside 7. Go to the beach!
8. See an outdoor movie in Stanley Park
9. Hunt down my favourite food trucks
10. Go hiking
11. Redo the patio
12. Ride a boat of some sort! 13. Use my tourism passport as much as possible
14. Go shopping on Robson
15. Have a barbecue
16. Try new recipes that don’t involve the stove
17. Try some Pins
18. Organize my closet
19. Organize my desk
20. Successfully prepare for school!
I have a few more to go — but I also did some things that are not on that list. I’m happy with my summer so far, how has yours been?